Friday, September 3, 2010

USC beats Hawaii 49-36. Heres my thoughts.

 Last Night USC opened up the season in Honolulu Hawaii against the Hawaii Warriors. This was Lane Kiffin's debut with the USC Trojans as a head coach. Now I saw the whole game and I would like to give my inputs on the game. First I'm going to start with the offence. I loved how Matt Barkley was on point. I know Hawaii's D was weak but I loved it. Matt Barkley went 18-23 Passes for 257 Yrds and 5 TDs which was better than last years opener vs San Jose St. Ronald Johnson on the other hand killed it Last night. 7 receptions for 59 Yards may not be much but 3 Touchdowns receptions is. And not only that He returned a Punt in the 3rd for a TD which caught my eye big time. Running Back Marc Tyler who got the starting Job over Allan Bradford showed us why he was one of the top HS running backs in High School Football in 2006. 17 Carries for 154 Yards and one TD he proved why he is the starting Running Back. This Offence is going to do alot of good things if they stay healthy. Now heres where I start to do my ranting. The USC D that was highly talked about by Lane didn't show up. There was no disipline as there was 11 Penalties called on USC for 100 yards. The tackling was just terrible and I believe thats due to that no hitting in the off-season because theres no depth on the USC team due to Transfers. My big thing was how many yards they gave up. 588 Yards hawaii out ganed USC due to the poor coverage by the Secondary. Yes the secondary is young but thats not gonna cut it. If USC wants to go undefeated then they have to start with the D.

Overall I think USC has lots of work to do before they can talk about a undefeated season. Hawaii exposed the D very bad and Monty Kiffin must fix that before the Virgina next week. The offence should try to Throw down field. They have the speed to do it. USC good win  but Fix the D before you talk about 13-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment